Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Crackity View Post

    Ha ha - hope you didn’t take the bet NBT
    Alas, fortunately it was just a 'safety bet' - NZ wins and we're in the final, India wins and I get money. Win either way.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by nextbigthing View Post

      Alas, fortunately it was just a 'safety bet' - NZ wins and we're in the final, India wins and I get money. Win either way.
      Unbelievable, eh! Guptill may not be able to bat or bowl but he sure can field! And Ferguson too - that was one sockdolager of a catch.

      Blardy hell we're in the final!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Hectorplains View Post

        Unbelievable, eh! Guptill may not be able to bat or bowl but he sure can field! And Ferguson too - that was one sockdolager of a catch.

        Blardy hell we're in the final!
        Ferguson is brilliant. Guptill, that was a brilliant runout throw, not sure that excuses his 1 run and recent batting performance.

        Yeap final time now. England or Australia do you think?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by nextbigthing View Post

          Ferguson is brilliant. Guptill, that was a brilliant runout throw, not sure that excuses his 1 run and recent batting performance.

          Yeap final time now. England or Australia do you think?
          How good would it be to see the Poms roll Australia tonight. Final against the hosts would be magic.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Hectorplains View Post

            How good would it be to see the Poms roll Australia tonight. Final against the hosts would be magic.
            You're right, that would be awesome. Fingers crossed.

            Comment


            • #21
              We dont want to be playing them cheeting Ozzies. England tonight for a final against the hosts.

              Comment


              • #22
                Great news. Watch the Final Live on Prime!

                Comment


                • #23
                  The apex of my cricketing career was facing a young Christopher Cairns at a Canterbury youth cricket camp. The first ball was just outside off and I played forward and missed...convincingly! Not good enough to even get an edge. The second ball was much the same. The third he yorked me and I dug that ball out... with my sandshoe. Smashed my big toe - it still sits on a weird angle. Cairns was decidedly quick as a youngster and I he confirmed to me that I had fulfilled my destiny as a very average opening bat. There ended my cricketing aspirations.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hectorplains View Post
                    The apex of my cricketing career was facing a young Christopher Cairns at a Canterbury youth cricket camp. The first ball was just outside off and I played forward and missed...convincingly! Not good enough to even get an edge. The second ball was much the same. The third he yorked me and I dug that ball out... with my sandshoe. Smashed my big toe - it still sits on a weird angle. Cairns was decidedly quick as a youngster and I he confirmed to me that I had fulfilled my destiny as a very average opening bat. There ended my cricketing aspirations.
                    when I was in the 4th form we played the 3rd formers

                    this tall 3rd former kid came with the best gear and boots (when most of us only had sand shoes) and he was a pretty good batsman and when he was on 97 he slashed one out point way and I stuck my hand out (had to show I was trying) and it stuck ....the might Jeremy Coney swore at me when he left the field.

                    i reminded Jeremy later on in his test career that was an indication that he would never convert many of his fifties into centuries (16 fifties 3 centuries)

                    nice to hear him on the radio still



                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Hectorplains View Post
                      The apex of my cricketing career was facing a young Christopher Cairns at a Canterbury youth cricket camp. The first ball was just outside off and I played forward and missed...convincingly! Not good enough to even get an edge. The second ball was much the same. The third he yorked me and I dug that ball out... with my sandshoe. Smashed my big toe - it still sits on a weird angle. Cairns was decidedly quick as a youngster and I he confirmed to me that I had fulfilled my destiny as a very average opening bat. There ended my cricketing aspirations.

                      Originally posted by Winner69 View Post

                      when I was in the 4th form we played the 3rd formers

                      this tall 3rd former kid came with the best gear and boots (when most of us only had sand shoes) and he was a pretty good batsman and when he was on 97 he slashed one out point way and I stuck my hand out (had to show I was trying) and it stuck ....the might Jeremy Coney swore at me when he left the field.

                      i reminded Jeremy later on in his test career that was an indication that he would never convert many of his fifties into centuries (16 fifties 3 centuries)

                      nice to hear him on the radio still


                      Those stories are brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Aussie 14 for 3. Great start!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Headline says it all, Australia CRUSHED. Brilliant.

                          Time for another safety bet I feel.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nextbigthing View Post
                            Headline says it all, Australia CRUSHED. Brilliant.

                            Time for another safety bet I feel.
                            Placed on England @$1.30 odds. We either win the world cup, or I get money. I can't lose.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nextbigthing View Post

                              Placed on England @$1.30 odds. We either win the world cup, or I get money. I can't lose.
                              TAB paid out $600,000 out on the Kiwis from the semi.
                              Last edited by Hectorplains; 13-07-19, 09:47 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Hectorplains View Post

                                TAB paid out $600,000 out on the Kiwis from the semi.
                                .....But they still kept 6%/7% of them

                                did you cry when you heard the tab ‘lost’ $600,000 ...you are meant to.

                                hope you guys are betting $50 or more on head to head ...each six your team hits gives you a Bonus Bet of $6

                                so back England and watch Blsirstow, Roy and Morgan smash sixes all afternoon you could have heaps of fun with your bonus bets.

                                Comment

                                HLG

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X